Great Smoky Mountains National Park
For the latest details on the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Trail Advisory, Road Closures due to Weather, Current Weather Conditions and more check out the National Park page.
Smokies Road Info: Great Smoky Mountains National Park road status updates (automated).
Great Smoky Mountains National Park Hiking Resources
Park It Forward
If your planning a trip into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and will be parking a vehicle at a legal appointed parking you will need to have a Parking Tag!
A parking tag will be required for all visitors, Commercial Use Authorization Holders and Special Use Permit holders beginning March 1, 2023. Checkout this link for more details.
Parking Tag Basics:
Three tag durations will be available for purchase for all vehicle sizes and types:
- Daily – $5
- Weekly – $15
- Annual – $40
- Parking tags will not be replaceable, refundable, transferable, or upgradable.
- Each tag will be valid for a single vehicle and must include a license plate number matching the vehicle in which it is displayed.
- Parking tags will be available for purchase both online and onsite.
- Display of physical parking tags in each vehicle will be required. Digital representations will not be accepted.
- Parking tags will not be location-specific. A parking tag will be required to park in any designated parking spot anywhere within the boundaries of the Smokies.
- Parking tags will not be required for motorists who pass through the area or who park for less than 15 minutes.